PHP 7 bundled with some massive improvements in speed and memory consumption, to be precise twice fast from php 5.6. I would like to congratulate the contribution team for their great effort.
PHP 7.0.0 comes with a new version of the Zend Engine, numerous improvements and new features such as
- Improved performance: PHP 7 is up to twice as fast as PHP 5.6
- Significantly reduced memory usage
- Abstract Syntax Tree
- Consistent 64-bit support
- Improved Exception hierarchy
- Many fatal errors converted to Exceptions
- Secure random number generator
- Removed old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
- The null coalescing operator (??)
- Return and Scalar Type Declarations
- Anonymous Classes
- Zero cost asserts
PHP revolution begins now with the fastest version of php, get ready to explore the new things with great speed.
Check the complete list of features at php.net